OMG Matthew has been a total & absolute terror all day today- I'm so exhausted!! We were supposed to go take him to get his first haircut today but I ended up cancelling it b/c he has been super SUPER cranky all day today. He has napped for all of 2 hrs all day- thats it. He is flat out exhausted. I just put him down to bed and he started screaming so bad, that his face turned beet red & was all sweaty!! So sweaty that his hair was wet! So I put him down, waited 5 minutes, went back in, tried to calm him down again but kept telling him that I was not going to pick him up, then I gave him some water and wiped his face with a cool wash cloth. He flipped out the whole time still - that was about 5 mins ago. And he is still going, but not as bad. He seems to be calming down a little bit. I have 5 more minutes to go before going back in to reassure him w/o picking him up before leaving again. Its just weird how they go thru these separation anxiety moments b/c they seem to come from no where at all. His new thing is insisted we pick him up, and he will scream & scream- totally flip out, until he gets his way. Thats definately gotta stop!!
He had his MMR shot about 2 wks ago. The nurse did warn us that in 1-3 wks after the shot, that he could suddenly become super cranky for no reason- guess this is what she was talking about. I hope it doesnt last long or else I am gonna get even fatter from consuming mounds of chocolate.
He did get another tooth in, but I don't think thats his problem. Aaaahhhh wait!! I think I hear silence. Oh thank god!!!!!!
Talk about a KYS day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment