
Here's just a brief background of my job description for those of you who don't know what I do, so my little story will make more sense.
I work for a very small online company in Burlington, the office is located inside my boss' house. It is just my boss and I here at the office. Because we are such a small company, I do a little bit of everything, including sales, marketing and also tech support calls (which are honestly sometimes such a pain in the u know what!!)
Our software end users are based mainly here in the states but we do have some international users as well- mostly located in Australia, Canada, and the UK. Most of the calls tho are tech support calls from the southern states.
So here is the point of my blog: Do I really sound that bad?? In the past, I've had callers ask me, based on my accent, "are you from NY?" and I thought "ugh NY? No way!" and I just shrugged it off thinking that caller obviously wasn't used to northern accents. Then about a week or so ago, I had another caller and this time she asked if I was from Jersey! Jersey?? OMG NO! I am soooo NOT from Jersey & I soooo don't sound like I am from Jersey!! What an insult! But then today, today was the worst of all. This time, a caller asked me if I was from.... u ready for this... LONG ISLAND! Could their be any more "yuck no" place to sound like your are from the Long Island?! Couldn't she have atleast just generalized it and just said NY? I mean Long Island? Nooooo!!! Now I am just mortified!! Ummmm no! I am from Boston! BOSTON!! And we Bostonians are not to be confused with Jersey and/or Long Island, NY! I mean, I really don't sound that bad right? RIGHT?? Awww gawd! Whats da mattah w/dese guys? I'm from Bawstun! I don't have time for dis. I gotta go drink my ice cawfee now and then get in the cah so I can head down da xprussway to Bawstun, maybe I'll stop at the pahk and buy some Sox geahhh. Go Sox!!

No comments:
Post a Comment